Work with us
Haere mai ki te mahi i konei
Financial Administrator | Kaiwhakarite Pūtea
SOUNZ is looking for an experienced Financial Administrator | Kaiwhakarite Pūtea to join our small and highly collaborative team.
The role is for 20 - 22 hours per week, Monday to Friday, and is based in our Wellington office.
Our mission is to champion and promote the sounds and music of Aotearoa, New Zealand, which we do through a range of services and activities. This role supports the work of all staff and includes management of all finances and accounts, processing orders for national and international customers, stock management, maintaining debtors and creditors, financial reporting, and, as a member of a small team, looking after our general office needs.
The Financial Administrator will ensure that our business needs are met by:
- Managing all financial matters including cash flow and banking
- Debtor and creditor management
- Preparing and reconciling monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Preparing annual accounts for auditing
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Managing inventory
- Payroll management and knowledge of related legislation
- Statutory IRD returnsOverseeing and maintaining library and Friends memberships
- Calculating and paying annual composer royalties
- Assisting with customer enquiries
- Maintaining board records and when required taking minutes
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated skills using cloud-based accounting software including Xero, inventory systems, and Excel/Word
- Experience in office and financial administration in a retail and/or arts environment
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong team player, with ability to work independently
- A commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- NZ residency or valid work permit.
Email your covering letter and CV that details your experience for this role quoting “Financial Administrator application” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 October 2023
For the full job description here.